Did you know that every 70 seconds someone in the U.S. is diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease? Chances are, you’ve been affected by this horrible disease in some way. Come to Corvettes for a Cure to help us raise awareness and funds to fight it.
Corvettes for a Cure is a Corvette show that benefits the Delaware Valley chapter of the Alzheimer’s Association. This year, the event will be held on September 13, 2009 in Phoenixville, PA. Here are a few shocking statistics from the Association about the disease:
- As many as 5 million Americans are living with the disease and it is the most common form of dimentia
- In the last 15 years, only FIVE drugs for the disease have been approved by FDA – and they only treat symptoms
- 294,000 people in the Delaware Valley have dementia
- 10 million baby boomers will develop Alzheimer’s
- The disease costs $89.93 BILLION annually
- It is the 6th leading cause of death in the U.S.
Charity work is an important part of my life – and working on our Corvette show is incredibly gratifying. But every time I hear these startling statistics, I wish I could do more. Like many of you reading this, I have friends who have been affected by this disease. So, please, when you’re making a decision to give this year, consider giving to the Alzheimer’s Association – more than 82 cents of every dollar donated goes directly to support research, programs and services to those living in the Philadelphia region.
We’d love to see you at Corvettes for a Cure – come out to show your Vette or to dream about owning one. Here are a few highlights:
- Indoor craft and jewelry fair
- Roger Girke Band – one of the best blues bands around
- Corvettes from every year – last year there were over 125 in attendance!
- Raffle prizes
- Great food and fun!
If you can’t make it, consider still making a donation through our Web site. Last year we raised over $5,000 and we’d like to surpass that this year!